CLICK HERE to access the January 6th, 2022 letter from Mrs. Cull about the enhanced health and safety measures in place at Falkland School for when school returns on Monday, January 10th. Looking forward to seeing students on Monday.
I would like to take this opporuntity to commend our Falkland School Staff and give my appreciation for the care and concern they have provided to their students during these challenging times. They have been working hard to keep our school safe while engaging students in their learning. What some may not know or fully understand is the immense stress and anxiety that goes along with this. The teachers and staff continue to commit themselves to the safety and well-being to ensure that students at Falkland School can continue to enjoy learning in a face-to-face environment. I commend them for their teamwork and positive attitudes.
In addition, I wish to thank our parent community. Our school community depends on your commitment and support of our enhanced measures in order for us to be effective in minimizing transmission in our school so we can ensure our students and staff remain healthy and that our school can remain staffed for in-school learning.
* Complete the Daily Health Check: Prior to sending students to school each day, it is important that families complete a Daily Health Check. With the Omicron Variant, symptoms may appear mild, but if your child has one symptom using the K-12 Health Check App, they should not attend school on that day. All students and staff need to stay home when sick. Use the K-12 Health Check App for advice on when to send your child to school.
* Follow the advice of 811 and your health care provider. CLICK HERE to learn the difference between self-isolation and self-monitoring, for how long and when to do so. Also, when to test for COVID-19.
* Masks: A very small number of mask exemptions apply, as per the provincial Public
Health Order dated December 3, 2021. All students in K – 7, staff and visitors are encouraged
to wear 3-layer masks. Parent who feel their child has a cognitive, medical, psychological, physical behavioural or health condition are asked to request a SD83 form from their school principal. Alternate safety measures/accommodations will be put in place for their safety and the safety of others.
* Symptoms of illness at School: Students exhibiting symptoms of illness at school will be placed in the sickroom/careroom and the parent/caregiver/emergency contact will be contacted to pick-up the student as soon as possible. Parents are asked to arrange back up plans in advance.
* Emergency Contact Information: Please ensure that the office has updated personal contact information and emergency contacts on file in case of illness or functional school closure. As indicated in the letter linked to this post, please develop back up plans for your children in case of a functional school closure.
* Water Bottles: All students need to have a personal water bottle as we have no water fountains, just water bottle filling stations at Falkland School.
* Visitor Access: We will be continuing to limit visitors to those that are supporting activities that benefit
student learning and wellbeing. Visitor access is by appointment only. Please pre-arrange your visit by contacting the office at 250-379-2320. Site based administrators will decide which individuals (students, staff and visitors) to allow onto the site.