This morning, Monday February 4, Falkland Elementary students were evacuated to the Community Hall due to a gas smell. Most students had not even entered the building yet. All students are accounted for. The School District’s Operations staff are checking the school building to determine a cause. Please check your email for more information, my contact info, and for updates. Our morning performance by Runaway Moon Theatre will be rescheduled.
UPDATE 10:45 AM: I am happy to inform you that our School District Operations Department found that there was no gas leak. Students are on their way back to our warm and safe school. The smell that was reported was from our sanitary system. Due to the unusual cold, our sanitary roof vents were partially blocked/frozen. The septic smell came into the school through our heating system intake. These vents have now been cleared so that ventilation is as normal. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank our students for their cooperation and also to our staff for their assistance in this emergency procedure.